2024 Award Winners
2024 Award Winners
The 2024 Feather in Her Cap Award was given to Dr. Andrea Gonzales –
Vice President of Global Companion Animal Therapeutics, Zoetis. The 2024 High Flyer Award was given to Dr. Katharina Bohnenblust – Senior Director, Head of Formulation Development, Elanco.
Dr. Gonzales holds a Doctorate in Toxicology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Michigan. She leads a group of 40 scientists at Zoetis. Her passion is to build an innovative R&D pipeline of animal health therapeutics. She joined the company in 2007 as part of the Companion Animal Internal Medicine group. Her teams have worked relentlessly to deliver first-in-class approvals of therapeutics including Apoquel® (oclacitinib) and Cytopoint (lokivetmab) for canine atopic/allergic dermatitis, and most recently Solensia™ (frunevetmab) and Librela™ (bedinvetmab) to control pain associated with osteoarthritis in cats and dogs, respectively. As a mentor, she respects the uniqueness of each mentee and aspires to listen, support, share successes and failures, provide growth opportunities, and inspire others to want to achieve their personal best.
The 2024 High Flyer Award was given to Dr. Katharina Bohnenblust. Dr. Bohnenblust holds a Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Technology from the University of Düsseldorf. She joined Elanco in 2016 as a laboratory manager in formulation development. In 2021, she began leading a pharmaceutical development unit and since 2022 she has led a global team of formulation development experts. She developed the new Elanco JAK-inhibitor formulation and manufacturing process from the first prototypes to scale-up. While assuming more management responsibility and leading a larger team, she supported the scientists through submission and product launch readiness. Dr. Bohnenblust also serves as a mentor for young female scientists encouraging them to achieve next steps in their careers, grow their professional networks, and learn to balance the needs of the business with scientific discovery.
About The Feather in Her Cap Award
The award was established in 2017 to honor women who have made outstanding contributions in animal health through scientific, industrial, or commercial excellence and by demonstrating commitment to mentoring women. In addition to Andrea Gonzales, the award winner, nominees included:
- Caroline Belmont – Vice President, US Global Innovation and US Regulatory Affairs, Boehringer Ingelheim
- Katie Cook – Vice President, Global Farm Animal Innovation, Livestock Sustainability & US Marketing, Elanco Animal Health
- Divya Divakaran, M.V.Sc. – Assistant General Manager, Natural Remedies
- Tyre Grant Ph.D. – Vice President, Global Product Development and Project Management, Elanco Animal Health
- Laura Villarreal Ph.D. – Executive Director, Livestock Business Unit, Brazil, MSD Animal Health
- Kim Young – President, KC Animal Health Corridor
About The High Flyer Award
The award was established in 2022 to honor a mid-career professional woman with 4-10 years in the animal health industry who has achieved at least one major accomplishment, and demonstrates a working relationship with a mentor in the industry. In addition to Katharina Bohnenblust, the award winner, nominees included:
- Christine Colamonico, DVM – Founder, Jope – Joy of Pets
- Elizabeth Creveling – Senior Director, Inclusion & Engagement, Zoetis
- Yumiko Domen – Manager, Regulatory Affairs Group, R&D Division, ISK – Ishihara Sangyo Kaisha
About Feather in Her Cap Association, Inc. is a New York non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation. For information please visit www.featherinhercap.org.
Lawless Strategic Communications