Nominate For High Flyer Award
Guidelines and submission forms for the 2024 award are available here.
What are the criteria for the award?
- At least 4 years, but not more than 10 years in the animal health industry. This may be in any capacity, including but not limited to R&D, business development, marketing, legal, and manufacturing.
- At least one major accomplishment. Examples include successful completion of a pivotal study or regulatory submission, successful in-licensing deal or market initiative….
- Demonstrate a working relationship with a mentor in the industry substantiated by a recommendation letter from the mentor.
As a means of providing guidance on the definition of our industry, FIHC generally considers the following to be in the animal health field:
- Services, including media, distributors and contract research organizations in support of the above
How does one nominate a woman animal health leader for the award?
Anyone can nominate for this award.
The following information is required:
- CV of the nominee.
- A letter indicating how the nominee meets the three criteria listed above. Please give specific examples.
- Recommendation from at least one woman in the animal health industry detailing why they think the nominee deserves the award. Please include a letter.
- Guidelines and criteria are listed above.
Is the award for both US and international women?
Yes, the woman can be from any country.
Can anyone (man or woman) nominate a woman for this award?
Yes, nominations are open from anyone world-wide, and we encourage self-nominations. We do ask that one woman write a supportive letter, focusing on the requirement that the nominee has served as a mentor of women.
What is the deadline for nominations and when will the awardee be selected?
Nominations are open as of January 2023. Nominations close November 4, 2023.
Who selects the annual winner of the award?
The selection committee for the 2024 award is made up of the Directors. The selection committee may change from year to year, at the discretion of the Association directors. Serving on the selection committee precludes nomination for the award.